1. General data:
– The project is funded by the Ministry of Regional Development, Public Administration and European Funds as the Management Authority for the Competitiveness Operational Programme, through the Ministry of Communications and information Society as the Intermediate Body for the Competitiveness Operational Programme. The project is developed jointly by a partnership with two members within the „Lower Danube” ICT Cluster in Galați.
– Beneficiary: SC TOPALIS ENGINEERING SRL, Bucharest.
– Partner: S.C. UCERG SRL, Galați
– Value of the project: 2,932,067.79 lei
– Eligible value: 2,872,723.01 lei
– Non-reimbursable financial assistance: 1,899,630.81 lei
– Implementation period = 36 months
– Project start date = 04.08.2017
– Implementation addresses:
*Offices: 23 Portului St., Administrative Complex, building A, Galați;
*Project site: 10C Prunari St., Flora Complex, Galați.
The general objective of the project is the creation and development of a versatile and accessible integrated ICT System for microclimate control and smart optimization of the production and consumption of water and nutrients with the aim of increasing the economic competitiveness of agricultural producers (owners of polytunnels and small greenhouses) and of reducing their environmental impact – SOLATIC.
SO1 – Developing and creating the experimental model of SOLATIC through industrial research;
SO2 – Creating the SOLATIC prototype through experimental development;
SO3 – Promoting the use of the SOLATIC system to at least 500 agricultural producers within three years of project completion.
3. Target group
– at least 10 registered agricultural producers, owners of protected agricultural holdings (polytunnels), in Galați County;
– the applicant and partner of the project;
– the cluster where the project is developed.
– small farmers who develop agricultural businesses funded by the Romanian National Rural Development Programme (NRDP) in the
– other economic areas which require the implementation of ICT solutions to control the physical-chemical parameters in closed
environments, given that the project allows for the solution to be adapted in the area of workplace control and physical security (fires,
prevention of chemical accidents, occupational safety, etc.).
4. Projected activities:
– A.1 Project management
– A.1.1 Organizing the kick-off meeting;
– A.1.2 Establishing the work methodology;
– A.1.3 Contracting human resources;
– A.1.4 Purchasing equipment, goods and services;
– A.1.5 Monitoring and evaluating project activities;
– A.1.6 Audit.
– A.2 Creating the experimental model of SOLATIC through industrial research
– A.2.1 Analysing the requirements of the cultivation technology for the most relevant vegetable cultivars;
– A.2.2 Analysing the requirements of the integrated information system;
– A.2.3 Designing the experimental model;
– A.2.4 Creating the experimental model;
– A.2.5 Developing the testing methodology;
– A.2.6 Validating the experimental model;
– A.2.7 Drafting the initial technical design.
– A.3 Creating the prototype through experimental development
– A.3.1 Experimental production of 10 systems for validation;
– A.3.2 Putting the systems into operation at the end-users;
– A.3.3 Experimental verification of the systems in real conditions of use;
– A.3.4 Improving the hardware/software product;
– A.3.5 Improving the documentation for manufacturing preparation.
– A.4 Promoting the project and product and preparing for placing on the market
– A.4.1 Press conferences;
– A.4.2 Press releases;
– A.4.3 Website and social media appearances;
– A.4.4 Participation in trade fairs and exhibitions.
– Number of innovative ICT products/services/applications = 1
– Number of beneficiaries of the innovative application/product/service developed in the project = 10
– Investment performance with respect to the development of the products/services/applications = 95.47% (at the end of the mandatory
period of the investment)
– 11 newly-created jobs;
– development of Romanian IT solutions and products;
– increasing the competitiveness of the agricultural sector;
– the project contributes to the achievement of the targets set in Pillar 2 of the 2015-2020 Development Strategy of Galaţi County.